Beginning January 22nd, 2017, all employers are required to utilize the new Form I-9. The new form was created to reduce confusion and the resulting technical errors by both employers and employees. This new form can be completed digitally and contains pull-down menus, embedded calendars and the like.
However, employers who complete the new Form I-9 online using Adobe Reader or other PDF reader, will still be required to print the form, procure handwritten signatures and store in a safe and accessible place. Furthermore, employers will also need to monitor re-verifications and updates with a calendaring system. You will also have to use E-Verify as a separate system. You can read more about the new form at the USCIS website; https://www.uscis.gov/i-9.
If this system still sounds complicated to you, CAI has an easier solution. Our Form I-9 service offers a version of the electronic Form I-9 that allows you to complete and store your I-9s paperless, and with the assurance that you are filling out the form in a compliant manner.
In addition to the electronic I-9, our system can seamlessly incorporate E-Verify.
Highlights of our service include:
- Electronically complete, sign and store the Form I-9.
- Real time validation of data entered into the Form I-9.
- Instant Employment Authorization.
- Expiration Notices – Email notification of an employee’s expiring work authorization is sent out before it becomes a problem.
- No servers or software to install or maintain.
- Easy Searching – Search for stored forms to export, or print the PDF.
- Audit Log – All actions (creation, view and print) relating to a form are tracked in the audit log.
- Multiple permission levels for increased security.
- Duplication Alert – User is notified when entering a form for an employee who already has a form on file, thus preventing employees from using the same SSN.
- Remote employee authorization – we have notaries around the country who can verify documents.
- Great Customer Service – You know and trust us, we are just a phone call or email away.
If you would like to learn more about our electronic I-9 services, please give us a call and ask for Brielle Earley or Kevin von der Lippe at 919-878-9222 or 336-668-7746.
Kevin W. von der Lippe is a licensed private investigator at CAI and for 19 years has managed our detective agency and background checking business. He is security minded and proficient with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the enforcement of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as administered by the EEOC as it relates to background checks. Capital Associated Industries Services Corporation is a licensed investigative agency, specializing in corporate pre-employment background screening. Our corporate agency license is BPN 001473P11.