With Valentine’s Day approaching at the end of next week, the season of sharing love and being cold is upon us. Showing love, compassion or empathy shouldn’t be reserved for only your family or friends. As an employer, it’s important to also show kindness and understanding with your employees.
Making your employees feel valued affects job satisfaction, staff performance and retention levels positively. There are several things you can do to reward your employees for their hard work and to also keep them engaged. Here are eight ways you can show your staff some love during the coldest time of the year:
- Buy tickets for your employees to attend a local sports event. Basketball and hockey games are two winter sports that are always fun to watch.
- Send each of your employees a personalized Valentine’s Day card. You can include candy, a gift certificate or even cash.
- Coordinate an ice skating friends and family event. You can rent out a local ice house for a few hours and supply participants and their family members with a pair of ice skates.
- Treat your staff to a winter-weather breakfast. Warm goodies like an egg casserole or blueberry muffins will pair nicely with hot chocolate, warm apple cider or freshly brewed coffee.
- Buy tickets to a winter or love-themed movie, and encourage your staffers to see the movie with their friends or family members.
- Have a clear and accurate work plan for dealing with inclement weather, such as snow or hail. Being flexible with adverse weather conditions will be appreciated by your employees.
- Throw a Valentine’s Day party for your staff. Hold the get together in the afternoon and supply sweet treats for a fun social break.
- Keep an ample supply of free snacks and drinks in your break room or kitchen for employees who don’t want to go out in the cold to satisfy their hunger.
For additional tips on engaging or rewarding your employees, please call a member of CAI’s Advice and Resolution Team at 919-878-9222 or 336-668-7746.
Photo Source: alex_ford