Valentine’s Day is a week away so it’s the perfect time to show your team members a little love. Demonstrating to your employees that you value and appreciate the work they put in each week will yield a positive outcome. Employees are more satisfied in their job when they know their efforts are appreciated and are making a difference for the company. High job satisfaction rates lead to more engaged workers, and more engaged workers increase business productivity.
Try some of the ways below to share the love with your team members during February and the other months of the year:
- Write personalized Valentine’s Day cards to each of your employees and include reasons why they are important members of your team.
- Have a Valentine’s Day social during lunch. Provide the main dish, but encourage your staffers to bring in Valentine’s Day themed desserts.
- Plan a group outing for all of your employees. Whether it’s bowling or volunteering, the outing will be a good bonding experience.
- When requesting items from your staff, use “please” and “thank you” to show your respect for them.
- Greet your employees with a smile as they arrive at work for the day.
- Decorate your facility with holiday decorations, such as red and pink streamers and paper hearts.
- Spend some time during the week to chat with each of your team members to see how they’re doing. Ask them about work and their family.
- Give each of your employees a gift card to use for lunch, gas or other purchases they frequently make.
- Treat employees to a family-friendly get together, like a weekend pizza party or Friday evening movie.
For more employee engagement or recognition tips, please call a member of CAI’s Advice and Counsel Team at 919-878-9222 or 336-668-7746.
Photo Source: mozzercork