Your employees want to be recognized for the contributions they make to your organization. Taking time to recognize your workforce’s efforts will increase employee morale and job satisfaction at your company. With engagement levels up, your organization will also see an improvement in productivity and retention.
Not only does showing your employees that you value their work benefit different business areas, the process doesn’t have to be costly or time consuming. There are simple actions you can take to make the gratitude you have for your staff known. Use the 17 ideas below to show your team that they are instrumental members of your organization:
- Be respectful by saying “please” and “thank you” often.
- Help them save money by ordering pizza or taking them out for lunch.
- Keep an ample supply of free snacks and drinks in your break room or kitchen.
- For jobs done well, buy employees gift certificates to their favorite restaurant or store.
- Job permitting, allow your employees to have flexible schedules.
- Purchase subscriptions to some of your team’s favorite magazines, and leave them in the break room to share.
- Celebrate employment anniversaries with office parties.
- Help simplify their lives by partnering with a dry cleaning company to provide delivery and pick up at the office.
- Reward stellar workplace performance with a paid vacation day.
- Pay for memberships to professional groups that interest your employees.
- Give them notes of appreciation that you hand write.
- Purchase a cake and a card for staff to sign to celebrate employee birthdays.
- Create awards, like Team Player of the Year or Goes the Extra Mile, and have employees vote for the most deserving team member.
- Ask staff members what their career goals are, and help them reach success.
- Have an office potluck lunch, and encourage employees to bring their signature dishes.
- Greet your employees with a smile and friendly salutation when they arrive at the office.
- Decorate their office or cubicle with streamers and balloons when they accomplish a personal goal, like running a marathon or planning a charity event.
For additional tips and information to help show employees your appreciation, please call a member of CAI’s Advice and Counsel Team at 919-878-9222 or 336-668-7746.
Photo Source: Victor1558